Find out about the step-by-step process to sign up for Hotmail and learn how to do a Hotmail login if you’re already registered at www.hotmail.com.
Hotmail is a webmail service that was acquired by Microsoft in 1997. It is one of the oldest webmail services, and it is still used by millions of people around the world. If you are new to Hotmail, then this guide will show you how to login and sign up for an account. We will also provide some tips on how to keep your account secure. So let’s get started!
Create a free outlook.com account in only a few minutes if you don’t already have a Microsoft account. Hotmail is a free email service that allows you to check your inbox, calendar, and tasks from any location with an internet connection.
How to sign up at www.hotmail.com
Opening a new Outlook or Hotmail account takes very little time. Here are the registration procedures to follow if you wish to create one:
- To make a new Outlook account, go to https://login.live.com/ and select the “Create One” button.
- To proceed, select a preferred email address on the next screen, and then click the following button. Email addresses with the @hotmail.com or @outlook.com domains are available for selection.
- The next step is entering a password. Use a strong password that includes a capital letter, a number, and some special characters.
- Simply click the Next button to proceed to the next screen, where you may input your first and last names.
- There will be a prompt for you to input your date of birth and country of origin on the next screen. (Be sure to input everything correctly; that way, you can still access your email even if you forget your password.)
- A window will pop up asking you to confirm that you are human. Once you do that, you can click the Next button to move on.
- In the following window, after verification, input your phone number and hit Send Code. (For safety reasons, you’ll be able to easily restore your account if you forget your password or if someone else changes it.)
- A one-time password (OTP) will be sent to your cell phone. Simply type it in and hit the Next button to proceed.
- When you click the link, a window with instructions on how to use Outlook or Hotmail will open, followed by your inbox. You can interact with clients and loved ones alike via email from that location.
How do I log in to my Hotmail account?
Hotmail accounts can be accessed from both mobile devices (like phones and tablets) and desktop computers (like computers, laptops, and MacBooks).
With the aid of this article, you will learn how to access your Hotmail or Outlook account.
Steps for Hotmail Login
Hotmail accounts may be accessed with minimal fuss using any modern web browser. It doesn’t take long at all. You can find all you need by checking out their website, www.hotmail.com. Follow these procedures carefully to access your Hotmail account without any problems:
- Launch a new tab in your web browser. To access Microsoft’s email service, simply visit outlook.live.com or hotmail.com.
- The sign-in button is located in the upper right-hand corner of the homepage. To proceed, please click here.
- After you click, you’ll be taken to a page where you can enter your email address and password. Once you’ve done that, hit the “SIGN IN” button.
Steps for Hotmail Login from a Mobile Device
Hotmail accounts are easily accessible from mobile devices. In reality, the only thing you’ll need is the Outlook app for Android or iOS. After downloading the Outlook app on your mobile device, here’s how to sign in to your Hotmail account:
- Launch the Outlook app on your smart phone.
- There, you can begin your journey by clicking the “Get Started” option.
- You’ll then be prompted by the app to sign in with your Gmail account. To proceed, please press the skip button on this screen.
- Then, you’ll be asked for your Hotmail email address before you can move on.
- You will be prompted to enter your password on the following screen. Then, press the next button.
- And that’s it; now you’re successfully logged into your Hotmail.com account.
What should you do if you forget your Hotmail email password?
If you forget your Hotmail account password, there is no need to worry. You can easily reset your password by following a few simple steps.
- First, go to the Hotmail login page and click on the “Forgot your password?” link.
Enter the email address associated with your account and click “Submit.”
- You will then be taken to a page where you will be asked to answer a security question or enter a verification code that has been sent to your alternate email address or mobile phone.
- You will be able to make a new password for your account once you have answered the security question or entered the verification code.
How do I change the password on my Hotmail account?
If you want to change your password, follow these simple steps:
- Go to www.hotmail.com and sign in with your username and current password.
- Click on the “Settings” icon in the top right corner of the page.
- In the “Security” section, click on the “Change password” link.
- Enter your new password in the “New password” field and confirm it in the “Confirm new password” field.
- Click on the “Save” button to save your changes.
How to delete your Hotmail email account?
Assuming that you don’t like your Hotmail email account or are facing any other issue, and now you would like to delete your Hotmail account! In this case, follow the steps below to delete your www.hotmail.com account:
- Visit www.hotmail.com and sign in with your Microsoft account.
- Click on the icon with your initials or profile picture in the top right corner of the screen.
- From the drop-down menu, select “View account.”
- Under “Your account,” select “Security & Privacy.”
- In the left sidebar, under “Privacy,” select “Delete your account.”
- Enter your password when prompted and click on “Next.”
- Read through the information about what will happen when you delete your account and click on “Delete account.”
What is Outlook Premium?
Basically, premium Outlook was just an upgraded version of regular Outlook (aka Hotmail). However, Microsoft did add premium features to its desktop app that is part of Microsoft 365 before discontinuing its premium version in late 2017. Those who sign up for Microsoft 365 Home or Microsoft 365 Personal will get access to an enhanced version of Outlook. The following features are included in the premium package:
- 1 TB (1000 GB) of One Drive storage
- Improved malware security scanning system
- Ads Free System Interface
- Offline Email Composition
- auto-sync capabilities
- Email with Custom Domain
When and how do I access my Hotmail account?
How to Access Hotmail Without a Password?
When you need to access your Hotmail account but have forgotten your password, what should you do?
How to access your Hotmail inbox on your iOS device?
2. Choose “Outlook.com” as the email service.
3. A Hotmail login page will load; at the bottom, enter your email address and password, and then select the Sign in button.
Can I access Hotmail without entering my password?
- How to sign in and access hotmail account?
- How to switch from Hotmail to Gmail?
- What is the difference between Hotmail.com and Outlook.com?
With these simple steps, you will be able to do Hotmail login and sign up at www.hotmail.com without any problems. If you encounter any difficulties, simply follow the instructions given in this article, and you should be able to resolve them quickly. You can also contact us or leave your question in the comment section below.
Don't miss to check KrogerFeedback Survey by Kroger.